The B-130CAST, an upgraded version of the B-130XS, is the perfect match for the entry-level home stereo, as it offers the same highly refined and detail-oriented sound reproduction standard pertaining to a Densen amplifier at a more affordable price point than its sibling models, the B-150 and B-175.
The B-130CAST provides plug-and-play solution to streaming, while mainting prestine audio quality. Despite its lower price point, the B-130CAST is a strong performer. Using the same microprocessor controlled relay attenuator, and a similar power amplifier as the B-150, here with 2x80W/8ohm and 2x160W/4ohm. The B-130CAST has the legendary power of Densen, with firm grip on speakers and musicality
The B-130CAST is in the cheaper end of Densen integrated amplifiers, but it comes with many high-end solutions, and the topology is similar to the top-of-the-line B-175.
- Plug-and-play streaming solution
- 200 0.5dB step relay volume control
- Powerfull 550VA Torrodial powersupply which is encapsulated in order to isolate the main-PCB from vibrations.
- 110.000uF capacitor bank made with Custom Densen capacitors
- Expansionport for DP-07 phonoboard – turn your line-1 input into a phono-input.
- Expansionport for future upgrades (DAC, Surround, Streaming)
- Upgradeable with external powersupply (1-NRG, 2-NRG)
- THD + Noise @ rated output: Less than 0.05%
- Designed in Denmark – Made in Denmark
The B-130CAST contains Densen’s strong signature of engaging and neutral sound, with both details and dynamics. The topology solutions are highly advanced, and not normal present in amplifiers in this pricerange. Like all other Densen amplifiers the B-130XS is a non-feedback design, using extremely fast and reliable transistors, and other high quality parts to make an amplifier which no matter the loading, will perform at its best.
The B-130CAST is the newest installation in the 130-series and comes with effortless streaming capabilities. Using the GOOGLE CAST receiver, the Densen B-130CAST has a dedicated Densen CAST power supply, which is an extreme low noise PSU, to secure that the GOOGLE CAST has perfect working conditions. On top of that, the Densen B-130CAST has a dedicated optical input, allowing the GOOGLE CAST to perform at its best, with the highest possible data quality. Densen has even developed a dedicated power cord to connect the GOOGLE CAST to the B-130CAST preamp. This powercord is shielded, to avoid interference, and securing an optimal performance. Furthermore, Densen developed a Toslink cable to complete the setup, and naturally, this optical cable is optimized for use between the GOOGLE CAST and the B-130CAST.
One of the great benefits of the Densen B-130CAST design is, that Densen has avoided creating their own software. It is well known fact, that High end manufacturers often faces problems with own software, as the computer and phone manufacturers develops new software, that is incompatible with the high end manufacturers streaming software.
The digital signal from the GOOGLE CAST is converted to analogue using the build in DAC of the CAST AMP. This DAC
is based on Densens experiences with DAC designs, which traces back to 1996, where Densen designed their first DAC as a OEM product for a well respected European High End manufacturer. The CAST AMP DAC allows 192/24 and as such is capable of higher resolution than GOOGLES CAST delivers, this allows for future upgrades of the GOOGLE CAST technology with ease
The B-130CAST contains several unique features, like processorloop, to allow easy connection to external surroundprocessors and the possibility of adding Densens SB-1 or SB-2 analogue surroundboards for easy connection to BluRay players with analogue 5+1 or 7+1 output. It’s also possible to add a FabelDAC or FabelCAST module in order to add digital inputs to the B-130XS.
Also there is internal sockets for Densens DP-07 MM stage.
Naturally Densen’s B-130CAST contains several connections, including 2 preamp outputs, so it is possible to upgrade to either bi- or tri-amping. Internally in the B-130CAST is a socket, which allows to further update with the Densen SAXO electronic crossover to an active system.
The B-130CAST contains separate powersupplies for outputtransistors, drivers, preamp and microprocessor, a total of 7 rectifiers and 90.000uF capacity coupled with a massive toroid transformer, which is encapsulated to minimize influence from vibrations. By use of surface mounted components, it has been possible to keep the total size of the PCB small, to minimize EFI distortion on the circuit. As such each amplifier channel is not larger than a credit card, which has allowed a much faster than normal circuit, due to the minimum EFI influence.
Not only the powersupply and pcb layout is done without any compromise, also the used components are of an extremely high quality, as such there is used Vishay metalfilm resistors, custommade capacitors, high quality Vima Film capacitors, Sanken transistors, sealed relays and goldplated inputs. However the most important is the sound, and the Densen team has done as much as humanly possible to make the sound performance of the B-130XS second to none.
specs & Features
- Power output in 8 ohms: 2x80W
- Power output in 4 ohms: 2x160W
- 4 – line inputs + 1 tape in/output
- 2 pre-amp outputs for bi-amp wiring
- processor-loop for use as power-amp in a home-theater setup
- ERP-input for use with external Densen powersupplies (1-NRG, 2-NRG)
- Fitted with Densen FabelCAST expansion module
- Internal DP-connector – connect a DP-module and turn line 1 into a phono input (DP-07 MM module)
- Gizmo system remote compatible
- SAXO compatible
- Powersupply size: 500VA
- Storage Capacity: 60.000 uF
- THD + Noise @ rated output: less than 0.05%
- Frequency response: 2-500.000 Hz
- Weight: 13 kg
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 440x310x64 mm
- Available in silver with chrome buttons, black with chrome buttons or black with gold buttons
- Designed and Made in Denmark